Cancellation / Refunds Policy:
Please note cancellation charges apply. Upon booking, 50% of the course fee is immediately non-refundable. Bookings which are cancelled less than 1 month prior to the course are 100% non-refundable.
We require at least 1 months written notice to make any changes to your course booking or training dates. We are not able to reschedule or move any training course bookings that fall within 1 month of the course date.
If we have to cancel any course due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control, we will offer the opportunity to reschedule your training course booking to a later date. In such circumstances, any requests to cancel a course booking would be covered under our usual cancellation terms.
We reserve the right to amend or cancel any training date or location. Should this be necessary our staff will contact delegates immediately and arrange an alternative date. We do not accept responsibility for any travel expenses or accommodation costs from delegates.
We reserve the right to cancel course bookings or withdraw delegates from the course that we feel to be disruptive, defamatory or impeding of our courses.
Training Course Bookings:
A certificate of completion of the course will be issued upon completion.
Training course models will be provided for the purpose of education. We do not require delegates to bring their own models. Delegates will share the consultation and treatment plan holistically for each model on the day of the course to reinforce a team learning exercise and enable interactive practical sessions. There may be different trainers across each course to allow for variety in the theory and practical sessions.
Food will be provided by the company, please make us aware of any special dietary needs a week prior to the course so we can fulfil your requirements.
Please be aware that any delegates arriving late to the course may not be able to participate in the course or certified.
We do not accept any liability for the cost of any travel expenses or hotel/accommodation costs incurred by delegates to attend our courses.
Like many authorised training providers, our curriculum has been assessed and approved by cosmetic indemnity providers who provide recognition & authorisation of indemnity. With this status being held, we can not be held responsible if:
• The guidelines change.
• There are further requirements for future qualification which are not met by Derma Medical’s training structure.
The Dental Board of Australia Guidelines:
Please note that The Dental Board of Australia (“the board”) has published guidelines for what they expect of dentists when using cosmetic injectables in their practice.
The Board expects dentists to refer a patient to a suitably trained and qualified:
- dental practitioner – when the treatment required by the patient is outside the personal scope of practice of the individual dentist, but still within the definition of dentistry, or
- medical practitioner – when the proposed use of botulinum toxin or dermal fillers is outside the definition of dentistry.
Models used on the day are there to help with the learning needs of our delegates, so your attendance is paramount to the structure of the course. We constantly need models for the medical practitioners to train on under the strict supervision of our trainers, so we kindly ask that you are reliable with your appointment times.
Please be aware that we strictly abide by the latest guidance so all models must be over 18 and not be pregnant or breast feeding. A complete medical history will be taken before any treatment is performed and all models should have informed written consent prior to being treated.
Cancellations / Refunds
If you decide to cancel a treatment that you have booked in as a model we do not offer refunds.
We are able to transfer payments to another treatment or appointment time provided we are given at least 2 weeks notice before the treatment date. If the model decides not to have further treatment in this situation, payment would be retained by the company.
Because the smooth running of our training days rely on the appointments we make for models, we cannot make any changes to our scheduled appointments within the 2 weeks before a treatment date.
If a model fails to attend their allocated appointment or wishes to cancel a booking, payment is retained by the company and no refunds will be issued.
Suitability for Treatment
Like any medical procedure/intervention, a full medical history and facial assessment is required before treatment. As a training company, we strictly adhere to guidance published by the General Medical Council and teach this to our delegates. If we feel you would not benefit from a treatment on the day, the treatment will not go ahead and your payment will be refunded. Despite the discounted price of all treatments for the purpose of educating delegates, we strongly encourage all models to consider all treatments prior to undergoing them and not rush into any decisions. If models have any questions prior to their treatment, we encourage you to ask us.
We will require accurate information from models to enable use of the correct product to be ordered and will not be held responsible for any omission or incorrect information given.
Price Structuring & Offers
The only incentive to models at our training days is the discounted cost of the products. We will not charge high street clinic or retail prices to models as we recognise this is a training event. We strongly adhere to guidance relating to offers for such treatments. This means that we will not offer free treatments as a ‘prize’ or ‘Buy-one-get-one-free’ on any treatments that we provide. We will treat the administration of any cosmetic treatments exactly the same as any other form of medical intervention.
Changes to Training Dates
In some circumstances we may need to change your appointment. You will be given advanced notice of this and a suitable alternative appointment date and time will be offered.
Patients Complaints Procedure
1. In the event of a possible adverse reaction to a product following treatment please contact us asap – one of our lead doctors will then contact you as a matter of urgency
2. For any other issues please note that the consent form signed on the day of treatment outlines that ‘given the nature of the treating practitioners the results may not be the same as with a more experienced practitioner’.
3. If you have a query regarding asymmetry then please contact us with photographs. If a review/correction is required, an appointment will be booked for you via our training co-ordinator. At this appointment we will review your before and after photos, your treatment record and the outcome of your treatment to decide what action is required.
4. If a correction is necessary then this will be offered. If the outcome of the treatment is satisfactory and is a case of more product required for the individual patient then a charge will be made for the additional product. Please note that the consent form signed on the day of treatment outlines that standard safe quantities of product is used during the training exercise.